Superlens for Optical Nanoscopy and Imaging
Electronics, Sensors and Photonics, Life Sciences, Materials, Nanotechnology, Physical Sciences
About The Opportunity:
This technology uses microspheres to overcome the diffraction limit, which restricts the magnification of optical microscopes. We have shown that it is possible to improve the imaging resolution of a standard optical microscope by 2-4 times by the use of an accessory based on this technology. This will allow normally invisible objects, in the range of 50-200 nm, to be seen. This resolution is normally only possible with electron microscopes or a Stimulated-Emission-Depletion microscope. The technology is proven in the lab and we are now looking at methods to create products.
- Increased magnification at reduced cost
- Allows imaging of live objects (eg viruses)
- Potential as an add-on accessory to upgrade the resolution of existing optical microscopes
- Manufacturing of new ‘super’ optical microscopes based on this technology
- Other applications for the technology include: micro-nano manufacturing, processing and fabrication, micro-nano spectroscopy.
We are looking for collaborative partners to continue development of this technology to refine it and take it to market. We are particularly interested in engaging with potential licensing partners in the microscope and microscope accessories sector.
See more at: